I. Position Information
Post title : Finance and Grants Officer
Time contract : One year (can be extended)
Supervisor : Finance and Grants Manager
II. Organisational Background
KEMITRAAN seeks candidates for the role of Finance and Grants Officer on an anti-corruption program. This program aims to support Indonesia in corruption prevention efforts, the strengthening of civic engagement, and the strengthening of a culture of integrity, particularly in procurement and licensing in the marine/fisheries and forestry sectors, at national and targeted local levels, through several approaches:
Providing technical assistance on COI policy frameworks and implementation, supported by new tools to identify COI, and public awareness campaigns that effectively address key factors in the public’s continued participation in corruption. Enhancing private sector integrity and anti-corruption engagement through collective action, enhanced capacity to implement anti-corruption safeguards, and increased dialogue with GOI and CSOs. Enhancing political transparency through a new campaign finance database, monitoring, and advocacy to increase state subsidies and reporting obligations.
Improving public access to information, enhancing citizen oversight, and strengthening public ability to demand accountability. Enhancingthe participation of key communities through an expansion of anticorruption education through formal and informal educational channels, efforts to motivate public participation and engagement, and mechanisms to encourage reporting.
The Finance and Grant Officer will be supervised by Finance and Grant Manager and work closely with the finance and grant unit, project officer as well as with other unit within the organization. She/he will ensure effective supports to the implementation of financial operational strategies and applies complies with the financial processes and procedures of KEMITRAAN and donor.
III. Function/ Key results expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Assist financial monitoring and follow-up financial transaction issues, ensuring financial transactions are in compliance with the KEMITRAAN and donor rules and policies, adaptive and capable in strategically assisting resources mobilization.
- Administration of budgets, accounting, finance, and administrative support.
- Support Implementation of the effective internal control framework, advances and settlements, financial monitoring, verification for proper payment process and administration grantee’s financial reports.
- Facilitating grantee/project audit and follow up on the audit findings, as well as ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Complies with KEMITRAAN and donor policies and standard operating procedures, and supports the proper functioning of client-oriented general administration services.
- Support the Finance and Grants Manager in preparing financial reports, including project’s Quarterly report.
- Assist the Finance and Grants Manager in overseeing and monitoring Finance, Admin and Procurement Assistant performance.
Education : Bachelor’s degree with specialized certification in Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management or other relevant fields.
Experience : Minimum three years of experience in the field of development assistance; including specific experience in public administration issues (experience in an international CSO/NGO is preferred). Experience processing, issuing, and managing subgrants for USAID is an advantage.
Familiarity with development program financial systems, MS Office suite, databases, and web-based management systems. Sound knowledge of financial and administration rules and regulations is a must, along with an ability to exercise good judgement, even under tight deadlines. Familiarity with USAID programming and requirements an advantage. Advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems. Familiar with SUN system would be an asset.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
To apply for this position please submit your CV and other supporting documents as required using this link https://hris.kemitraan.or.id/kemitraan-recruitment-form/ no later than November 30, 2023. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.